Re: [Gnash] gnash as debugger

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] gnash as debugger
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:17:31 -0700

cornel wrote:

an important missing piece in the open source flash world is a AS
debugger; are there any plans to add some debugging support (step by
step execution, stack examination etc) to gnash?

I hadn't thought about it, but I don't think it would be difficult to add these features. At this time it's not on the schedule to implement, but as I have plans to change the way the main loop of the interpreter works, that would allow adding hooks for this. I kindof like the idea, actually.

        - rob -