Re: [Gnash] Patch: Give error for unhandled SWF events

From: Michael Carlson
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Patch: Give error for unhandled SWF events
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 23:39:01 +0800

Regarding the "is it safe to make assumptions about what's known and
handled in swf_event::read()", I'm trying not to change anything about
the flow of the program. The patch really doesn't "fix" anything, it
just gives more information: it reports the hex of the unidentified
event flag it sees so it's easier (for a developer) to see what's
going on for flash files that don't work. I just want to make a clear
error message telling the event that was received isn't known by the
array - in this situation, it looks like m_event will not change from
the last call, and the previous event received will be repeated,
instead of the intended event. This should probably be fixed, but I
don't know the code well enough (yet) to decide on an appropriate
solution - thus the error message.

I'm not sure I know what you mean when you say it's "better to add the
debugging". Do you mean there is a macro, or something else in gnash's
code base I should be using instead of this? I welcome suggestions for
improvement of the patch, but it's hardly an important one. I'm just
dipping my toe in the patch-contribution-waters, so to speak.

Sincerely,
Mike