Re: [Gnash] test cases

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash] test cases
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 20:09:36 +0100

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 11:21:16AM -0700, Rob Savoye wrote:
> I just created a gnash/testsuite/actionscript.all directory for
> ActionScript test cases. Hopefully these can all be generated using Ming
> or other free tools. My thought for test cases structure is to have a
> single file exercise a single ActionScript class. Ideally all of the
> methods can be exercised from within this test file.

What about using .as files rather then .swf ones ?
Upcoming ming release would be able to build .swf from them
(if pure actionscript).

Of course eventual Ming bugs would make the tests unstable,
but this is also true for bugs in other compilers.
In any case, if we use .swf (instead of .as) we should
write down who the creator was for each file to take these
problems into account.

--strk;