Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash funding

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash funding
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 11:05:17 -0600

On 03/11/12 05:24, Gabriele Giacone wrote:

> regarding AVM2 pledge [0] created by Petter, given AVM2 task won't be
> accomplished, how about poking all 15 donors and proposing an
> alternative? Or giving their money back?

  There may be a way to have PayPal return donations, but I have no clue
about how to do that. Part of me thinks we'd be better off putting the
donation into something useful that isn't AVM2 support, maybe adding it
to anything at the Linux Fund or PubSoft. I guess any decisions that way
would be up to Petter and those donors. Lack of AVM2 support is a huge
problem, but we can't make much progress on that for what little was raised.

  I've been doing Gnash work for many months with zero funding (like the
release), but would rather see any donations go to future work than
cover past work. Right now I've got any hosting bills covered for
awhile, although eventually I'll have to cough up more cash for
gnashdev.org, or shut it down.

  Adobe's announcement that they are dropping flash support is
interesting, but I haven't seen it generating any real funding improvements.

        - rob -