[Gnash-dev] Starting Gnash from a JVM

From: Alexander Fahlke
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Starting Gnash from a JVM
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 18:12:06 +0100

Hi!

I just started to play around with gnash (0.8.9dev). I'm using it for dumping frames from Ad-campaigns on the web.
It works fast and is easy to use. dump-gnash is the tool i was using so far.

I want to automate this a bit more with Java.
I know how to run dump-gnash from within a Java program but how to stream data from Java to gnash.
I my setup all the flash files (some thousands) are stored in a large binary as ByteArrays. I don't want to read each flash file, write it back to my hard drive and finally dump some frames.

Is there any way to stream or pipe data from Java to gnash (all within memory)?

I'm thinking about something like "dump-gnash < STREAM_FROM_JAVA"

--
BR