Re: [Gnash-dev] oprofile difficulties, easy access to debuginfo, and oth

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] oprofile difficulties, easy access to debuginfo, and other thoughts
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 13:00:38 +0200

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 02:58:44PM -0700, Bastiaan Jacques wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
>

> >Very interesting.  This looks by far the hottest spot:
> >
> > gnash::PropertyList::setReachable()
>
> I wonder if setReachable is being called repeatedly for the same
> objects.

It'd be a bug if it was, as setReachable() for GcResource
check a cached _reachable flag before invoking
markReachableResources which in turn will call the
PropertyList::setReachable.

It'd be also easy to end up in infinite loop if this wasn't
the case.

What may throw some water on the fire here would be invoking
the GC iteration less often. Currently the heuristic as for
when to go checking is based on number of GcResource allocated
since last run. This is 50 by default and can be changed
with the GNASH_GC_TRIGGER_THRESHOLD environment variable.

--strk;

 Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer      ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 http://foo.keybit.net/~strk/services.html  /\  Keep it simple!