[Gnash-dev] Technical thing

From: John Snowden
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Technical thing
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 03:40:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Reverse engineers,

I have watched your video on youtube
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3s-mG5yUjY] and I appreciate your great work.
There's only one thing that I would like to mention and I hope you will not be
mad at me for writing to you.

You focus on reverse engeneering and do it full time, but please bear in mind
that in the end one thing and only one thing matters. Its one small stupid
idea- its us sitting comfortably on our couches and watching online videos with
our notebooks on our laps, while our testicles stay cool so we will not end
infertile and deaf.

I was also wandering if the end cannot be seen plus its proprietary and Adobe
is just one step ahead of you (watching your progress and making a move), and
its propiretary so they always can change something so you end up with nothing-
wouldn't it be better if online video was anything like png or jpg or giff?
This would solve all the problems, I wouldn't care more.

Maybe its time to shift your efforts to open video formats and promote it for
<video>? Maybe anti-adobe/ google /mpegLA or "free the video" campaign?
Something radical has to happen and I don't want to wait. Not tommorow, not in
20 years, but now tools are here but we still are stuck up with the shit? When?
I f... ask when??!

Good luck
j2snowden