[Gnash-dev] Re: oprofile difficulties, easy access to debuginfo, and oth

From: Bernie Innocenti
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: oprofile difficulties, easy access to debuginfo, and other thoughts
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 23:45:01 -0400

El Tue, 13-10-2009 a las 04:33 +0200, Kevin Kofler escribió:
> On Tuesday 13 October 2009, Michael Stone wrote:
> >    2. we can't get any data on what gnash is doing the rest of the time
> >       because we don't have access to appropriate debugging symbols.
>
> Uhm, at least for Fedora Rawhide," debuginfo-install gnash" should be
> sufficient.

This is what we did on Fedora. Still, we couldn't get symbols for gnash
and its libraries in the "opreport -cl" output.

However, symbols were present for other binaries and for other
libraries.

> If that's not working, we need to take a look at why. (Are our distrowide
> CFLAGS, which include the appropriate -g switches, not being used?)

We tried rebuilding the rpm from sources to verify that -g was in fact
being passed. It was. Michael did the same on Debian.