Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash 0.8.1 review + freebsd-specific bugs

From: Markus Gothe
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash 0.8.1 review + freebsd-specific bugs
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 03:18:44 +0200

Have you put the plugin in Opera's plugin directory?

For GST is guess it's a GST bug on FBSD.

//Markus

On 17 Sep, 2007, at 02:13 , Dmitry Marakasov wrote:

Hi!

I've just updated FreeBSD port of Gnash to 0.8.1, and hopefully it
works quite well. I've also took my time and wrote review of Gnash
functionality, including renderers, media handlers and plugn support,
with some tests and benchmarks, and I would like Gnash developers to
review it before I publish it.

What's important to me (apart from genaral opinion about the article)
is status of Gnash bugs mentioned in it. That is, if bugs I've
encountered are FreeBSD specific, I would like to collaborate in order
to fix them. Of course, I'm willing to do any kind of testing and
debugging.

The bugs that interest me most are:

- Gnash doesn't work in Opera (9.23). Should it?

- GStreamer doesn't work at all (no sound & no video, repeats this on
  console:
(<unknown>:70936): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bin_add: assertion
`GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

- Gnash doesn't display simple charts like this:
http://www.ixbt.com/storage/ata2005/max500/linread.swf

Assertion failed: (_frames_loaded < m_frame_count), function
add_frame_name, file movie_def_impl.cpp, line 1119.

--
Best regards,
  Dmitry Marakasov               mailto:address@hidden