Re: [Gnash-dev] version in menu?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] version in menu?
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:16:11 -0700

James Lockie wrote:
> It would be nice if the version (CVS) was in the popup menu of the plugin.
> An about dialog?

  Hum... I'm not sure if that's the right place for this info. This
would more likely go in the "About" box, which unfortunately isn't part
of any of the GUIs.

  As a more long-term goal (since we currently lack anyone with real GUI
programming background) I'd love to see the Gnash GUI extended to have a
real menu bar, where menu items for "Help" and "About" would go. Even
better would be a dialog box for setting user preferences, etc...

  This would be an excellent way for somebody to make a contribution to
Gnash, that doesn't want to get involved in any of the core programming.

        - rob -