Re: [Gnash-dev] Too much RAM is used for running a little application.

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Too much RAM is used for running a little application.
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:56:32 +0100

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 05:34:59PM +0100, remi wrote:

> Can you explain me how Gnash allocate memory for an
> application ? in the frame buffer ? And how it depend
> on?
> Where i can find this information in the source code?

Nobody reported a profile yet, so we don't really know
where all memory goes. A first thing you might do
is running gprocessor to check wheter how memory
usage of it compares with full 'gnash'. This would
give you an estimate of memory used in the *parser*.
When running full 'gnash' you'd be adding memory
used by *renderer* and *sound handler*.
Using the -r switch you can disable rendering
or sound handling to fine-tune that comparison.

THe *parser* is the same for every configuration,
while *sound handler* and *renderer* are compile-time
options, so you will likely have different memory
footprints with different options.

Please let us know :)

--strk;