Re: [Gnash-dev] gtkglext, et al

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gtkglext, et al
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:00:10 +0200

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 01:16:51PM +0200, Bastiaan Jacques wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 April 2006 12:54, strk wrote:
> > Please share your opinions about friends.
>
> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/friends.html makes for an interesting
> viewpoint.
>
> > Unfortunately, as far as The Movie class will have
> > a vector of import_info classes as a member, all users of that
> > Movie class will also need visibility of that helper class, in
> > order to proper destroy it at Movie destruction time.
>
> Do they? It seems to me that the Movie class will destroy the vector of
> import_info classes, obscured from view of the Movie class users.

Mm... I guess we should give it a try then. A problem
could be knowing the size of the object when allocating
it on the stack. If it works (but be aware that "works for
me" doesn't necessarly mean it always works) the best
thing to do would be only storing forward declaration
of import_info class in that header and have full definition
in the .cpp file for the Movie class.

--strk;