Re: [Gnash-dev] Google Summer of Code 2006

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Google Summer of Code 2006
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:59:07 -0600

Bastiaan Jacques wrote:

That would indeed be quite nice. In fact, since I'm a student, if I were to participate, I could spend the summer working on Gnash rather than a brainless summer job... ;)

There has been discussion about this on the gnu-prog list, but I hadn't thought of adding Gnash since I wasn't sure if I had the time to be a proper mentor. I'll be honest I have no idea what it would mean to have Gnash added. The FSF would be the sponsoring organization I believe.

There are tons of little projects as Tomas noted, like the AMF library, and filling in more ActionScript functionality. There's a few big projects too. :-)

        - rob -