gmediaserver-devel

[gmediaserver-devel] Serving a PS3: Pause, Fast-Forward, etc. not possib

From: Sascha Runschke
Subject: [gmediaserver-devel] Serving a PS3: Pause, Fast-Forward, etc. not possible?
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:36:04 +0100

Hi all,

I really hope this ain't a stupid question, but I haven't found any references answering it. I just bought a PS3 and want to use my linux server as mediaserver for streaming videos and photos. But sadly I stumbled over a problem I cannot determine the cause of:

When playing with my PS3, I can neither pause the video, nor do fast-forward or backward or anything else - basically I can only do "play" and "stop", which rewinds the film to the beginning. Everything else is greyed out in the PS3 menu. I really wonder if this is a missing feature in GMediaServer or a problem of the PS3 in connection with GMS? If I serve the same video from my desktops Windows Media Server, I can pause, fast-forward (x2, x5, x10, x30, x120...) and do lots of other fancy things, which are not greyed out in the PS3 menu now. Does anyone have a clue why it doesn't work with GMS? I'd really like to _not_ turn on my desktop everytime I want to watch a video. That's what I got my mini-itx linux box for, which runs with a 50W PSU ;)

regards
   Sascha

PS: I tried mediatomb too already, same problem. Only with WMS I had all functionality so far - which is not very pleasing to me :(