gmediaserver-devel

[gmediaserver-devel] uShare on Fc7

From: Todd Worden
Subject: [gmediaserver-devel] uShare on Fc7
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 20:40:19 -0500

First post to the group, and looking forward to exploring uShare…

I am looking for a way to share out media content to my xbox360 and came across uShare.  I have a server running Fedora 7 2.6.23.x86_64.  I attempted the installation documented at http://ushare.geekbox.org/ and ran into difficulties.

Steps:

1.        I yum installed libupnp

2.       Downloaded, extracted, installed pkg-config

3.       Executed CFLAGS=”-Os” ./Configure –prefix=/usr

4.       Executed make

Here I received an error stating “config.mak is not present”.  I realized the previous command failed with an error message “Error, can’t find libixml”.

I did a search for this libixml and it seems it is supposed to be included with libupnp package.

Can someone assist?

Thanks!

Todd Worden

Web-Wired, LLC