Re: patch test and review

From: Brian Callahan
Subject: Re: patch test and review
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 11:28:50 +0000

On Saturday, October 8th, 2022 at 12:04 PM, Gaius Mulley <gaiusmod2@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Brian Callahan bcallah@protonmail.com writes:
>
> > Hi Gaius --
> >
> > Quick question: when I follow your instructions to clone the git repo and
> > then run "cd gcc-git-devel-modula2 && git checkout devel/modula2" I get the
> > following error:
> > /home/brian/m2/gcc-git-devel-modula2 $ git checkout devel/modula2
> > error: pathspec 'devel/modula2' did not match any file(s) known to git
> >
> > So I'm guessing I am doing something wrong...
>

> Hi Brian,
>
> ah thanks, a typo on my part, it should be:
>
> $ git checkout devel/modula-2
>
> I'll amend the readme.txt
>
> regards,
> Gaius

Here are the results for OpenBSD/amd64:
                === gm2 Summary ===

                                                                          # of
expected passes            10626
                                                                        # of
unexpected failures        1086
                                                                        # of
unresolved testcases       66

I believe most if not all of the failures are the same issue and I'll try to
track it down some time in the future.

One build issue I noticed: if I uninstalled the system's libintl and tried to
build using GCC's built-in libintl, then gm2 failed to build (something was
looking for <libintl.h> and couldn't find it). Of course, when I reinstalled
the system's libintl then gm2 built just fine.

~Brian