Re: [Gm2] building gm2 on Fedora

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] building gm2 on Fedora
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 10:18:31 +0000

Christoph Schlegel <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> for some time now I cannot build gm2 on Fedora systems (F27-F29). The
> build stops because it requires pth (-lpth). It seems the library is
> not part of Fedora repositories any more and is also not downloaded as
> a prerequisite of the build. Does anyone build gm2 on Fedora?
>
> Thank you,
> Christoph

Hi Christoph,

I don't build on Fedora but this has been brought to my attention - I
have been looking at whether the download prerequisites script in gcc
contrib folder could be extended to build libpth.  I've done the easy
part it downloads it and md5 checks etc :-) but I'm still working on the
configure, makefile integration with the top level gcc directory.

Does anyone know whether the contrib/download_prerequisites can also be
installed alongside gcc?  As this would be a rather nice solution to the
libpth (and also libmpr etc) problem.  By default it does not seem to
happen on my machine.

If anyone is not familiar with the basics of
contrib/download_prerequisites (which was new to me until 2 weeks ago).
It is a script which will download the prerequisite libraries and then
the "make" will automatically build these locally prior to building gcc.

Anyway I'm attracted to this solution as it would also solve the libmpr
problem which I experience when installing a debian package on an Ubuntu
system