Re: [Gm2] Numerical Library - GM2 32 bit Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Numerical Library - GM2 32 bit Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 14:51:54 +0100

Michael Riedl <address@hidden> writes:

> Gajus,
>
> having configure for m2pp would be great - thanks in advance.
>
> At the moment I am systematizing the tests for SVD and Eigensystem
> routines. Will soon add two more files with SVD routines for real
> matrices which are far more then the current Eispack based routine +
> complex valued SVD + Takagi factorization.
>
> Main hurdle at the moment is that the routines are correct but the
> test routines themselves needs some more thought ... at the moment too
> much "manual" inspection is still needed.
>
> Perhaps I will place intermediate results as well in the test tree ...
>
> Gruß
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,

finally, it builds.  I've had to fix a number of bugs in the gm2 linking
process.  Principally the linking now works with to be preprocessed
modules and also is more tolerant of users adding Modula-2 object files
on the command line.  This in turn allows it to be used with ease with
the standard automake system (which passes all objects to the compiler
at link time).

I've also changed trunc so that it uses -I in the same way as gcc.
(No longer can one specify a UNIX PATH separated by ":").  Each include
directory needs a separate -I.  But this simply cleans up the internals
and makes it more consistent with gcc.  Anyway for some time my gm2 was
broken during linking and now it appears to work fine for a number of
projects - shared library builds, your open source libraries etc.

I will git commit and push the changes to trunc and then email you with
the changes/additions to your libraries.  Currently I have m2pp and the
string library building with automake.  I've not changed the directory
structure - but I wonder whether it might be a good idea to place them
all into a tree as there are a number of shared modules needed by m2pp.