Re: [Gm2] Numerical Library : GM2 issue with multidimensional array para

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Numerical Library : GM2 issue with multidimensional array parameter
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 16:41:58 +0000

Michael Riedl <address@hidden> writes:

> Hallo Gaius,
>
> thanks for taking care about this. I will make some extensive tests as
> soon as all modules run well. And your remark out unoptimized code is
> right without doubt - I only added the number for reference. Tried to
> benchmark with a purely 2-dimensional version of the Jacobi routine,
> unfortunately the compiler crashed. Will send out an example file
> soon.
>
> Michael
>
> PS: Currently I am working on some test routines to have a more
> systematic testing of some routines - will present the results soon.

Hi Michael,

I've just fixed a couple of bugs in gm2 which caused your code to
miscompile.  Hopefully I'll git commit these tonight - thought you might be
interested to see this output, generated when:

CONST UseLoc = FALSE; (* switch to FALSE to see the error is GM2 *)

  239           1.951404260
  240           1.961570561
  241           1.961570561
  242           1.970555285
  243           1.970555285
  244           1.978353020
  245           1.978353020
  246           1.984959069
  247           1.984959069
  248           1.990369453
  249           1.990369453
  250           1.994580913
  251           1.994580913
  252           1.997590912
  253           1.997590912
  254           1.999397637
  255           1.999397637
  256           2.000000000

Sum of Eigenvalues =   5.693668E-12 (Approx 0 if all is OK)

Programm beendet !