[Gm2] Numerical library in Modula-2 - IO

From: Michael Riedl
Subject: [Gm2] Numerical library in Modula-2 - IO
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 23:12:37 +0100

Gaius,

I need some small support.

In order to prepare the publication of the Numerical library I reworked some parts of my IO library so that it is sitting "on top" of the ISO lO libraries - this to ensure that someone using the library can do so whilst using ISO IO routines elsewhere in his project. In general the routines do little IO - mostly error massages have to be taken care about - but for the output of matrices the picture is clearly different, the same for some optimizers when used in long running applications.

I achieved that in having two versions of Streams.mod and FileSystem.mod and a small amount of files now having some preprocessor directives so that they can be used either "standalone" or "on top of ISO IO".

What I would need now is a library to check for NAN and INF for the 12 byte REAL in GM2. Attached my internal version for 4 Byte and 8 Byte Reals.

As soon as this is fixed I think both libraries are in a state to put a first draft out to the community.

Thanks in advance

Michael