[Gm2] gm2 4.7.3 status

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Gm2] gm2 4.7.3 status
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 15:53:03 +0100

Hi,

recently I've checked in some more fixes, and in a nutshell it appears
that gm2 is failing 86 tests out of 1000 approximately.  Both values are
multiplied by 6 for the different combinations of optimisation switches.
But the optimisation switches are not determining many of the failures.
Exceptions are still broken, some real arithmetic fails - but many,
integer, set test pass ok.  All pim and iso libraries build.

on my immediate to do list are (in no particular order):

  +   hunt these bugs down
  +   fix the problems in the Makefile/config scripts to ensure that the
      libraries are built in the first place.
  +   add John's solaris documentation

currently floppsie.comp.glam.ac.uk is offline - it should be back
tomorrow midday.