Re: [Gm2] moving gm2 repository to git

From: john
Subject: Re: [Gm2] moving gm2 repository to git
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:51:50 -0500

On 28-Jan-13, at 11:02 AM, Gaius Mulley wrote:

Gaius Mulley <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has objections to moving the gm2 repository
over to using git?

[...]
to clarify I was suggesting the repository remains at savannah, just
using git to push/pull the source code changes.  All that would change
is a few urls and the cvs commands are replaced by the git equivalents,

Modulo -- no pun intended -- getting gcc 4.7 to build on my box and building a git distribution, I do have one question. My (possibly mistaken) understanding is that git is a fully distributed RCS. How much is actually downloaded per checkout?
(I ask because my bandwidth is limited.)

john