[Gm2] Ubuntu/gm2 - general question

From: Tom Sørensen
Subject: [Gm2] Ubuntu/gm2 - general question
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 19:30:03 +0800

Hello group,

I'm in the process of setting up a Linux development environment, and consider using Ubuntu 12.04 (brand new hardware).

Ultimately I would like to get back into Modula-2 programming. Looking at the GNU Modula-2 site (http://www.nongnu.org/gm2/overview.html) I was not able to figure out if gm2 is tied to a specific version of GCC, or (even worse) if the Ubuntu distribution would prevent me from using gm2.

I would appreciate any input to guide me in this matter.

Thanks,
Tom