[Gm2] gm2 grafted onto gcc-4.7.1

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Gm2] gm2 grafted onto gcc-4.7.1
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 09:59:08 +0100

Hi,

just a small note to say that work is underway to migrate gm2 onto
gcc-4.7.x (1) currently.  I've been working on it since august 1st.
There is still some way to go - estimated time of completion is
Christmas - but my estimations are often incorrect.

The good news is that gm2/gccgm2.c (a huge ugly >10000 C file has been
broken down into 5 or more smaller modules of much prettier code).
gcc-4.7.1 has quite a few internal changes from 4.1.2 (location_t)
parameter is passed to many gcc functions so we get much better error
messages.  Also the CPP is now more integrated within gcc, so the gm2
parser will need to be changed slightly.

  All the gm2 bug fixes from 4.1.2 have been applied to the 4.7.1 tree.
Anyway having gm2 on 4.7.1 should be useful.