[Gm2] Re: Standing pat at gm2-2010-09-16 on Solaris 10/sparc

From: john o goyo
Subject: [Gm2] Re: Standing pat at gm2-2010-09-16 on Solaris 10/sparc
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 12:01:25 -0400

On 5-Oct-10, at 11:12 AM, Gaius Mulley wrote:
john o goyo <address@hidden> writes:

Every version since 2010-09-16 has had problems with linking and
finding definition files on Solaris 10/sparc.

I shall thus stand pat at the 2010-09-16 version until after the 1.0
release.

john

Hi John,

how odd.. I've checked the changelogs and there are probably only a few
commits which could introduce this bug.  One such change was to

gm2/gccgm2.c

at line 7486, the

#if 0
  t = canonicalize_array (t);
#endif

used to be

#if 1
  t = canonicalize_array (t);
#endif

I wonder if this change and might fix the linking and finding definition
files?

I do not know what this line does but I can try changing it back to see what happens.

john