Re: [Gm2] two versions of DeviceTablePtrValue

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] two versions of DeviceTablePtrValue
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 12:20:22 +0100

Martin Kalbfuß <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi again,
>
> I was reading some references of the ISO library. Looks like there are
> two versions of DeviceTablePtrValue arround.
>
> gm2 has
>
> PROCEDURE DeviceTablePtrValue (cid: IOChan.ChanId; did: DeviceId;
>                                x: DevExceptionRange; s: ARRAY OF CHAR):
> DeviceTablePtr;
>
> But on some sources it's
>
> PROCEDURE DeviceTablePtrValue (cid: IOChan.ChanId; did: DeviceId):
> DeviceTablePtr;
>

> I found this at:
>
> http://www.excelsior-usa.com/doc/isolib.html
> http://www.modula2.org/reference/isomodules/isomodule.php?file=IOLINK.DEF
>

> Martin

Hi Martin,

thanks for this report - I don't know why this change crept in.  I've
now corrected the gm2 definition in the CVS:

   * fixed definition of DeviceTablePtrValue to comply with
     the ISO standard, bug reported by Martin Kalbfuß.
   * gm2/gm2-libs-iso/ClientSocket.mod:  changed to comply with
     the correct ISO definition.
   * gm2/gm2-libs-iso/IOChan.mod:  changed to comply with
     the correct ISO definition.
   * gm2/gm2-libs-iso/IOLink.def:  changed to comply with
     the correct ISO definition.
   * gm2/gm2-libs-iso/IOLink.mod:  changed to comply with
     the correct ISO definition.
   * gm2/gm2-libs-iso/ProgramArgs.mod:  changed to comply with
     the correct ISO definition.
   * gm2/gm2-libs-iso/RTgen.mod:  changed to comply with
     the correct ISO definition.
   * gm2/gm2-libs-iso/RndFile.mod:  changed to comply with
     the correct ISO definition.
   * gm2/gm2-libs-iso/SeqFile.mod:  changed to comply with
     the correct ISO definition.
   * gm2/gm2-libs-iso/SimpleCipher.mod:  changed to comply with
     the correct ISO definition.
   * gm2/gm2-libs-iso/StreamFile.mod:  changed to comply with
     the correct ISO definition.
   * gm2/gm2-libs-iso/TermFile.mod:  changed to comply with
     the correct ISO definition.