Re: [Gm2] building a shared object

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] building a shared object
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 11:36:08 +0100

SiTex Graphics <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Gaius,
>
> Thanks for the FIO fix.
>
> I sent a repro archive for a compile failure when trying to build a
> shared object on April 23.  Did you receive that?
>
> I'm still trying to figure out the general workflow for building a
> shared object:

Hi Scott,

I've just fixed the sigsegv malloc free problem you reported.

> 1.  How do I specify which symbols are exported?

exported symbols in shared libraries are those exported from a
definition module.

> 2.  What command line options are required?  I've looked at the swig
> example, but I don't know which steps are specific to swig and which
> are required for any shared object.  E.g., do I always have to use
> -fmakelist and -fuselist?

you don't need to use -fmakelist, -fuselist, although it is probably a
good idea for large projects as it allows you to order any cyclic
imports.  Here is a Makefile which builds your example code into a
shared library: