[Gm2] Re: error with ARRAY OF CHAR

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Gm2] Re: error with ARRAY OF CHAR
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 11:51:02 +0000

Martin Kalbfuß <address@hidden> writes:

> Some additional information.
>
> The call of loadBMP inside test.mod:
>
> testSurface := SKVideo.LoadBMP('test.bmp');
>
> the type of RWOpS is SYSTEM.ADDRESS
>
> The sources are attached. You need SDL 1.2.13
>
> Simply type make inside the toplevel dir.
> make clean works, too. Debug build is the default.
>
> The test is in the example subdir. You have to call it from this dir, or
> it can't find the bitmap.

Hi Martin,

I've installed SDL 1.2.13 and build your test code and then single
stepped it.  It ran successfully to completion and drew two green
images at the top left corner of the SDL window (is this expected?).
I've single stepped the code and seen it call C to load the bmp image
and I saw the filename and mode as 'rb' from the debugger.

I'm building gm2 on a 64 architecture, is this the same for you?
If so I wonder if you could possibly completely rebuild gm2 from
scratch and double check again?