Re: [Gm2] Re: Re: error with ARRAY OF CHAR

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Re: Re: error with ARRAY OF CHAR
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 15:57:14 +0000

Martin Kalbfuß <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your fast help.
>
> I tried it with the latest CVS. Now I get
>
> ../../gcc/gm2/gm2-libs-iso/EXCEPTIONS.mod:60:3:Couldn't open p.� in
> RAISE
>
> As you can see the filename is still garbage. But it runs thru
> VideoBase.SDL_RWFromFile. The Exception is raised afterwards,  because
> the return value of the function is nil. Still works when passing
> 'test.bmp' directly.
>
> Thanks,

Hi Martin,

I've made some changes to RTExceptions.mod, I wonder if you could try
using the latest cvs tarball and remake all objects and see if the
problem still remains.  I've successfully single stepped the following
test code:

MODULE raise ;

FROM EXCEPTIONS IMPORT RAISE, ExceptionSource, AllocateSource ;
FROM libc IMPORT printf ;

VAR
   e: ExceptionSource ;
BEGIN
   printf('entering main module\n') ;
   AllocateSource(e) ;
   RAISE(e, 1, 'tiny test') ;
   HALT(1)
EXCEPT
   printf('caught nicely\n') ;
   HALT(0)
END raise.

and

MODULE raise2 ;

FROM EXCEPTIONS IMPORT RAISE, ExceptionSource, AllocateSource ;
FROM libc IMPORT printf ;

PROCEDURE test (a: ARRAY OF CHAR) ;
BEGIN
   RAISE(e, 1, a) ;
   HALT(1)
EXCEPT
   printf('caught nicely\n') ;
   HALT(0)
END test ;

VAR
   e: ExceptionSource ;
BEGIN
   printf('entering main module\n') ;
   AllocateSource(e) ;
   test("tiny test")
END raise2.

the contents of the ARRAY OF CHAR looked fine.  Is this an accurate
model of your code?