Re: [Gm2] ISO exceptions source

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] ISO exceptions source
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 22:18:09 +0100

Martin Kalbfuß <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks,
>
> I will use a global souce then. But I copied the wrong code version for
> my bug report. I produced a small Program to show the problem.

> ++++
>
> MODULE Bug;
>
> IMPORT EXCEPTIONS;
>
> VAR bug : EXCEPTIONS.ExceptionSource;
>
> PROCEDURE DoSomething;
> BEGIN
>         EXCEPTIONS.RAISE(bug, 1, "");
> END DoSomething;
>
> BEGIN
>         EXCEPTIONS.AllocateSource(bug);
>         DoSomething;
> END Bug.
>
> ++++
>
> compiled with:
>
> gm2 -c -Wpedantic -fiso Bug.mod
>
> Error message:
>
> Bug.mod:5:5: error: variable (bug) is being used but is NEVER
> initialized in (Bug)
> Bug.mod:5:5: error: variable (bug) is being used but is NEVER
> initialized in (Bug)

Hi Martin,

thanks for the example test code.  This bug is now fixed in the latest CVS.

   * gm2/examples/swig/exceptions/Makefile:  introduce
     PYTHON_VERSION
     and complete the clean target.
   * gm2/examples/swig/full-strlib/Makefile:  introduce
     PYTHON_VERSION
     and complete the clean target.
   * gm2/examples/swig/strio/Makefile:  introduce PYTHON_VERSION
     and complete the clean target.
   * gm2/examples/swig/strlen/Makefile:  introduce PYTHON_VERSION
     and complete the clean target.
   * gm2/examples/swig/tiny/Makefile:  introduce PYTHON_VERSION
     and complete the clean target.
   * gm2/gm2-compiler/M2Quads.mod:  introduce, rw, field into the
     BoolFrame so that during pass 3 we can check whether arrays,
     records, parameters and variables are modified when indexed,
     or by using ADR, or indirection.  New functions
     (MarkAsRead),
     (MarkAsWrite), (OperandRW), (OperandMergeRW), (PushTFADrw),
     (PushTFDrw), (PushTFrw), (PopTFrw), (PushTrw), (PopTrw).
   * gm2/gm2-libs/RTExceptions.mod:  removed redundant import of
     type ADDRESS.