[Gm2] CAST to/from procedure type

From: SiTex Graphics
Subject: [Gm2] CAST to/from procedure type
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 12:35:38 -0800

Hi Gaius,

I asked how to cast an address to a procedure type last year. Would it
be difficult to support the CAST() syntax?

Thanks,
Scott

I have a wrapper for dlsym() that's used to obtain functions from
user-written plugins.  The wrapper looks like:

PROCEDURE GetProcAdr ( hmod : ADDRESS; procname :ARRAY OF CHAR ) :PROC;

and typical usage is:

VAR initproc : INITPROC;

initproc:=CAST(INITPROC,GetProcAdr(mod,p^.initname));
IF CAST(ADDRESS,initproc)=NIL THEN (* failed *)

This compiles under XDS and Stonybrook.  gm2 is not happy with the CAST.