[Gm2] GM2 in embedded systems [Was: Re: GM2 coroutines]

From: John O Goyo
Subject: [Gm2] GM2 in embedded systems [Was: Re: GM2 coroutines]
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 10:24:24 -0500

Gaius Mulley wrote:
[...]
I totally agree - a while ago I wrote a small micro-kernel for work all
written in Modula-2 (and a little C) - which interfaced to gdb over a
serial link.  Thus I have a vested interest in ensuring that it will
support cross compilation and embedded systems.  On a minor note gm2
has been build as a cross compiler for the ATMega8 microprocessor,
albeit coroutines were not used on this chip,

This thread raises the issue of exceptions (bad pun intended).

Exceptions may not be appropriate in all embedded systems (especially the wee ones based on the BIG LOOP). GM2 now has exceptions. How do you envisage this working out?

john