Re: [Gm2] Status of gm2-2008-11-24 on Solaris 10/sparc

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Status of gm2-2008-11-24 on Solaris 10/sparc
Date: 29 Nov 2008 02:31:34 +0000

John O Goyo <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. Build succeeds.
> 2. Make gm2.paranoid succeeds.
> 3. Make check-gm2 reports the following.
>
>                  === gm2 Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes            6072
> # of unexpected failures        606
>
> (Full log to be sent to Gaius.)
>
> 4. Finally, gdb-6.3 with the latest patch can load
> and execute a gm2-compiled binary.  (This is the good
> part.)  However, it does not recognise it as modula-2.
>
> john

Hi John,

thanks for the update.  Interesting to hear that gdb can load up a gm2
binary now.  It guess it must have been the proc type problem which was
fixed last week (temporary variables of type proc type were allocated
zero bytes of store :-).

Anyhow I've just checked in a shared library linking fix which may
account for some of your runtime failures, possibly..