Re: [Gm2] Has anyone been able to build the latest gm2 on Mac?

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Has anyone been able to build the latest gm2 on Mac?
Date: 12 Sep 2008 15:40:29 +0100

"John O. Goyo" <address@hidden> writes:

> 2008/9/12 Gaius Mulley <address@hidden>:
> > Hi John,
> >
> > I built it this morning on 'powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0'.  The results
> > from make check-gm2 were:
>
> Could you please post the options passed to the config script?  (My
> build just stops with no error or explanation.)
>
> john

Sure, here is the complete script I use.  It expects two
subdirectories:

    build-ppc/
    gcc-4.1.2+gm2-cvs-latest/

it will remove everything inside build-ppc and build a fresh
copy of the compiler using the sources from gcc-4.1.2+gm2-cvs-latest.

#!/bin/bash

BUILDDIR=$HOME/gm2/build-ppc
DESTDIR=$HOME/opt-test

echo "building latest GNU Modula-2 compiler and installing it into
$DESTDIR"
echo "Press enter to continue"
read any

if [ -d $BUILDDIR ] ; then
   cd $BUILDDIR
   pwd
   rm -rf *
   BOOT_FLAGS=-g CXX_CFLAGS=g CFLAGS=-g \
      ../gcc-4.1.2+gm2-cvs-latest/configure --prefix=$DESTDIR \
      --disable-multilib --enable-checking=all \
      --enable-languages=c,c++,gm2
   if make && make install ; then
      echo "built compiler and installed it successfully in $DESTDIR"
   else
      echo "failed to compile and install"
      exit 1
   fi
else
   echo "cannot find build directory $BUILDDIR"
   exit 1
fi