Re: [Gm2] Using the Ulm Libraries

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Using the Ulm Libraries
Date: 31 Mar 2008 10:48:55 +0100

John O Goyo <address@hidden> writes:

> Forgive me if this is a silly question but how do you link in the Ulm
> libraries?  For example, both Ulm and GM2 have a StdIO module.  If I
> specify the former then the contents of the latter are masked.
>
> john

Hi John,

not a silly question.  The libraries should be used separately - so
you should be able to compile against the ulm libraries via:

gm2 -c -flibs=ulm -fsources -g  test3.mod

and link via:

gm2  -flibs=ulm -fsources -g  test3.mod

But alas you cannot take the module 'foo' from the pim library and
utilise it with the 'bar' library from ULM.  Although I guess this is
not strictly true, in that it might be possible to utilise say the
dynamic string library from the PIM libraries with the ULM libraries -
the danger is that during gm2 development an import reference will be
made to say the dynamic string library which sucks in a number of
extra PIM modules which will then conflict with ULM..  in the long run
its probably better to treat them as separate