[Gm2] Solaris32/64 report on latest ChangeLog entries (ter)

From: John O Goyo
Subject: [Gm2] Solaris32/64 report on latest ChangeLog entries (ter)
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:48:51 -0500

Greetings:

Gaius Mulley wrote:
[...]
thanks for the report! I've looked into the log file (thanks for
emailing it) and I think many of the errors are occurring when
gm2 is invoking gcc to perform the link.  I suspect the problem
is that gm2 is based on a different version of gcc to that
of the gcc performing the link?
[...]

Quite so, quite so.  In truth, I have scripts to build the 32- and
64-bit versions of gm2.  In my haste, I built the 32-bit version
manually and failed to set my path properly, invoking the system
gcc.  So.....

Solaris 10 on Sparc 32- and 64-bit versions fully and completely work!
(They build, gm2.paranoid passes, check-gm2 passes everything, and they
both install.)

Congratulations!

john