Re: [Gm2] Mac OS X Latest

From: Michael Lambert
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Mac OS X Latest
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:02:41 -0500

Hi Gaius,

Yes, the latest CVS works under Mac OS X/ppc, but some change has caused the gm2
compilation (or, I suppose, linking) to become excruciatingly slow.  The
regression tests completed in 13 minutes on the Tru64/Alpha box I have access
to, but hadn't finished in nearly three hours on my G4 laptop.  I know it took
over two hours on my G5 iMac.  Before the more recent CVS changes, the tests
were faster on the G5 than the Alpha.

Michael