Re: [Gm2] (no subject)

From: Michel De Rosa
Subject: Re: [Gm2] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 07:19:47 -0400

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 06:49 -0400, Michael H Lambert wrote:
> Gaius,
>
> I _think_ this is happening because MacOS X has libiconv.dylib but
> not libiconv.a.  I don't think make/configure/etc are always clever
> enough to find shared-only libraries.

In the FreeBSD world, we have a similar issue, when building any of
the gcc compilers, where it's attempt to build it's own version
of iconv will fail.. Since FreeBSD, apparently like MacOS, has
it's own libiconv, the solution for us is to use the additionnal
configure option:  --disable-nls

We also tend to use --with-system-zlib, since again FreeBSD comes
with it, but i've built gcc compilers (including gm2) without the
option without issues.

Michel.