[Gm2] more on compiler crash

From: John B Wallace Jr
Subject: [Gm2] more on compiler crash
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 22:07:00 -0400

I just discovered that the IdentifierBug test program (repeated below)
included in my last e-mail only crashes the compiler if the -Wcheck-all
option is used.

MODULE IdentifierBug;

(******************************************************************)
(*  IMPORTANT: THIS IS TEST CODE AND CONTAINS A DELIBERATE ERROR  *)
(******************************************************************)

VAR
  c : INTEGER;

BEGIN
 (* A capital C here instead of a lower case c produces a compiler crash *)
 C := 1
END IdentifierBug.

This command line produces a compiler crash:

gm2 -g -I.-Wcheck-all -Wmakeall IdentifierBug.mod

The error message is:

IdentifierBug.mod:0: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
Please report this crash to the GNU Modula-2 mailing list <address@hidden>

John Wallace