Re: [Gm2] Re: GM2 ISO

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Re: GM2 ISO
Date: 09 May 2003 12:10:18 +0100

Iztok <address@hidden> writes:

> Gaius Mulley wrote:
>
> As implemented, LENGTH takes only constant parameter while it should
> take variable ones also. I've checked with my GP M2, SB M2 and XDS M2
> manuals as well as with the few sites that have ISO M2 doc. It seems
> that while some have had doubts about LENGTH being pervasive at
> beginning, they all have adopted it and made it take variable
> parameter as well.

thanks for reporting this. I had thought that LENGTH only should work
with constants, but it is easy to alter this. It raises a couple of
questions:

   (i)   does LENGTH(a) behave like HIGH(a)+1 for an open array
         or                         strlen(a)

   (ii)  within constant expressions, presumably LENGTH is limited to
         a constant parameter.

> SIZE works OK.

thanks Gaius

--