Re: [Gm2] cvs updated

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] cvs updated
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:18:47 +0000

Hi,

> 1. GM2 Still not ready for safe use !
>
> Please find attached a module which lets gm2 use all CPU resources and
> it never returns.
>
> Try compile with gm2 -Wmakeall -I. ConvTypes.mod

thanks for this bug report..

> 2. Are you still stick to PIM2 or you are already working on ISO spec ?
> I have found out that the EXPORT list is still needed as well as the
> first case line inside the CASE statement should not be preceeded by the
> | delimiter.

I'm working on the ISO spec. The set operations are done (as are long
sets), the export list is no longer needed (it should be optional).  I
don't understand your comment about the CASE statement though.. the
gm2 bnf is:

CaseStatement := "CASE" Expression "OF" Case { "|" Case }
                 [ "ELSE" StatementSequence ] "END" =:

Case := CaseLabelList ":" StatementSequence =:

perhaps you could post a small code example?

> 3. Is there any hope to have GM2 for StrongARM ?

yes. [As you've discovered :-)]

Thanks for the feedback!