Re: [Gm2] Building GNU M2 with gcc 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE)

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Building GNU M2 with gcc 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE)
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 10:51:13 +0100

john o goyo <address@hidden> writes:

> I tried checked out GM2 but I had the same problem so I downloaded the
> tarball (slowly as I only have a dial-up connection #6-).

strange, I'll check the cvs server again.

> The result built
> without incident but I am confused.

> Where are the def'n modules and the libraries installed?

they are installed into:

   /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.0.4/gm2

on my i686 machine.

> P.S. I am quite glad that you are undertaking such a massive programme.
> I used
> TopSpeed under OS/2.  I am currently trying XDS and gpm but neither will
> run under anything else but Intel.

I'm currently modifying gm2 so that it can be built on top of gcc-3.2.
Currently this works fine as a native compiler (soon to be committed
into CVS). But I'm trying to build gm2 as a cross compiler - which is
proving a little difficult with respect to makefiles.