[Gm2] gm2 operational with gcc-3.0.2

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Gm2] gm2 operational with gcc-3.0.2
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 16:38:58 +0000

Just a small note to say that gm2 will operate with gcc-3.0.2 (see
http://floppsie.comp.glam.ac.uk/Glamorgan/gaius/web/GNUModula2.html)
for downloading details.

gm2 builds successfully with gcc version 2.95.2 20000220 and will
also pass the `make verifycompiler' test (performed the directory
gcc-3.0.2/gcc/gm2).

Note that the (very minimal) documentation is out of date especially
w.r.t linking to C.

I'm currently in the middle of major alterations, which haven't yet
been checked back into CVS. They are still very incomplete.

The work in progress includes:
 +  replacing M2Lexical with a lexical analysis module build by flex
 +  removing many of the static limits
 +  implementing the DEFINITION MODULE FOR C
 +  allowing varargs in C definition modules
 +  removing recursive makes
 +  improved p2c to handle set types
 +  removed hand built parser and only using machine generated parser
 +  tidied up gm2m (a makefile generator)

I'd like to check these changes into cvs soon (even if incomplete),
but I will tag or provide a date stamp for retrieving the last
stable gm2.