gluster-devel

[Gluster-devel] anyone up to contirbute to a glusterforge devel tools re

From: Jay Vyas
Subject: [Gluster-devel] anyone up to contirbute to a glusterforge devel tools repo?
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:24:45 -0400

It seems like alot of the work around adding and testing components on gluster is managing a virtualized gluster environment.

i.e. creating VMs and building the environment out.

Im wondering wether a separate github repo (i.e. something like glusterforge/gluster-dev) should be created to support gluster development, where scripts for creating VMs, installing gluster centric development environments, etc..  could go.  I for one was thinking of maybe testing and updating this particular gist that i just found https://gist.github.com/sawanoboly/3826617 for creating 4 VMs on the fly to use gluster 3.4+.

For me, the direct benefit would be that I could possibly leverage some of the tools that the gluster experts are using to set up their environments.   Right now, these tools are scattered about (i.e. see the gist above) in effectively private (i.e. publically accessible but not easy to find) repositories.

Meanwhile, I think groups like us (the guys working on big data related gluster stuff) could share some of our gluster specific deployments of hadoop, so that others could have a simple and easy place to go look for tools necessary to get started contributing to our projects.