gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs server on irix

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs server on irix
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:25:40 +0530

> Have you tried running a glusterfs server on irix?

Not yet. But, porting it should be fairly simple. Does Irix support extended
attributes? Though porting GlusterFS to Irix is not in our roadmap, we can
offer support for somebody willing to take up the task.

I would like to make a local filesystem available:
> - for local use
> - over nfs
> - over glusterfs
>
> Is it possible to set up a glusterfs server in such a way
> which would allow the above? My concern is, can a local
> filesystem be modified on the local machine or via nfs
> without confusing or messing up gluster?

As a policy we do not support modifying the backend of GlusterFS directly.
But, generally read-only access directly to the backend is fine. Also, if
you are using GlusterFS in a non-clustered mode (NFS-like) it should work
fine.

avati