[glugnith-discuss] Fwd: MozVision: Open Source Event by Mozilla in NIT H

From: GLUG NITH
Subject: [glugnith-discuss] Fwd: MozVision: Open Source Event by Mozilla in NIT Hamirpur.
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 00:00:02 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: anup mishra <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Subject: Proposal of an Open Source Event by Mozilla in NIT,Himachal Pradesh- Jan 2015 - Event No Asia/01617
To: Pranav Kant <address@hidden>

Dear Mr. Pranav,

It was pleasure talking to you.

Please find below the Proposal of an Open Source Event by Mozilla in Your Institute.

About Mozilla :- Mozilla is a proudly non-profit organization dedicated to keeping the power of the Web in people’s hands. We’re a global community of users, contributors and developers working to innovate on your behalf. When you use Firefox, or any Mozilla product, you become a part of that community, helping us build a brighter future for the Web.(www.mozilla.org).
Mozilla is mainly Known for Firefox Web Browser which is No. 1 Web Browser of the Universe. But Apart from that we have more than 25 Projects through which we are making Internet Better.We have already an active community in several Parts of India (more than 20 states) . The motive of reaching Himachal Pradesh is to  find Young & Energetic volunteers for our Projects.

Please read our Manifesto to Know more about Us:- http://www.mozilla.org/about/manifesto.html

Our Agenda :-

We would like to Conduct a 4-5 hours event in your Institute  on 24th Jan 2015 (Final Dates would be Communicated after our Confirmation)  which would be a mixture of Technical Session , General Awareness of Web ,learning web making ,Our Mission & Recruitment of deserving Mozilla Student Ambassadors.
The whole Agenda of Event can be summarized as :-
1)The Mozilla Mission-Introduction.
2)Mozilla and its role in the Web
3)Projects of Mozilla
4)Contribution Path and Interests
5)Web Maker Project[1]
6)Introduction to Firefox OS[2]
7)Playing with Web- A Live tutorial
9)Recruitment of Mozilla Student Ambassadors[4] (Note :- We are an open Source Organization and we don’t provide salary to our Contributors . Yes, special benefits & rewards are there[5])

Note : We would be bringing some awesome Mozilla goodies with us for your students.

[3] Some Swags like Stickers , Lanyards , Badges would be given to all the participants. But special swags like Mozilla T-shirts , Mozilla Pens & Mozilla Bags would be given to winners only. Also Linux OS CDs would be Distributed.
[5] Why should you become a Student Ambassador?
Join the Student Reps program for opportunities to be:
-->Featured in newsletters, campaigns, and public channels
-->Rewarded special swag packs and entered into a raffle for prizes
-->Recognized with a thank you letter or official certificate from Mozilla
-->Granted opportunities to advance skills with experienced Mozilla staff
-->Accepted into the Mozilla Reps program
-->Sponsored to visit Mozilla HQ or attend special events

To meet the desired agenda we require your support and Upon confirmation of the Event from your side with the expected number. of students we would look forward for the next step

Our Expectations:-
1)Advertisement of the Event  in Institute Website.
2)Advertisement in Local Media.
3)Banners & Flexes for the Event  to be prepared by  Institute . (Note:-We would be bringing our Official Horizontal Banner , Vertical Banner & Table Cloth.)
4)Wi-Fi Availability in Seminar hall along with Projector and Mic.
5)Commitment of at least 200 Student Participation in the event.
6)10 Volunteers from Institute to support us during the event.Volunteers will get special gifts.

Benefits of Organizing this event :-
1)Students will find their way to get recognition in the Open Source World.
2)Student will get chance to work in an Open Source Community as a Firefox Student Ambassadors.
3)Students will learn making & hacking websites in minutes.
4)Students will understand & find a way of developing their skills and work with people all around the world.
5)Students will receive awesome Mozilla goodies.
6)Mozilla is a non-profit Organization and it runs mostly be the volunteers who are working without getting any benefits.We have already organized events in many reputed institutes/universities all around India including IITs.
Your institute will also become a part of that list.
7)And many more........

 About Us :-
We are official Representative of Mozilla in India . Our details can be tracked through Our Mozilla Profiles.
Ajay Kumar                 :-  https://mozillians.org/en-US/u/Ajay1188/

Next Steps :-
If your Institute agrees with our Terms & Conditions , then Please reply back with the Confirmation Letter from your side on  your Official Letter Head.
Important Note:-Final Confirmation of the event will be communicated by us  after acknowledgement of Confirmation Letter from the Institute on Institute Letterhead.

Best ,
Anup Kumar Mishra
On Behalf of Mozilla India Team
ReMo, India

Regards,
Pranav Kant,
Department of Computer Science
National Institute of Technology Hamirpur