[Glug-nith-discuss] NITH Proxy blocking add-apt-repository

From: Pranav Kant
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] NITH Proxy blocking add-apt-repository
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 18:50:33 +0530

I don't know what is the cause of this error shown below :

urllib2.urlerror: <urlopen error [errno -2] name or service not known>

whenever I am trying to add any repository using the add-apt command, I am getting this error when using the proxy in the campus, however it is not so when I am on any no proxy network like my mobile.
How to solve this ?
I am using ubuntu 11.10.