[Glug-nith-discuss] Starting GLUG-NITH Server

From: Sanjeev Sharma
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] Starting GLUG-NITH Server
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 05:33:11 +0530

Hi to everyone
I am Sanjeev Sharma Final Year CSE. It has been a long time since the www.glug-nith.org is down. Also there has been no activities by the group(GLUG-NITH) because the group no more exists in the college.
So me and Ankit have decided to revive thisĀ  make it as it used to be in past. We set our first milestone to up the www.glug-nith.org website and gnu.glug-nith.org mirror server. So we went to start the server we found that the RHEL was corrupted, so we tried to install Ubuntu Server 11.10 but was not able to detect hard disks. So we installed RHEL 5. Everything went smoothly, but when we tried to reboot and test the newly installed operating system it stopped on the boot menu. We tried again but after successful installation we got the same error during booting.
Can anybody help us with this error or suggest another operating system that could be installed on IBM ppc64.

Regards
Sanjeev Sharma
CSE Final Year
NIT Hamirpur.