Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Glug-nith fedora mirror

From: AMBICA SUD
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Glug-nith fedora mirror
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 23:39:17 +0530

Thanks arpit ! the problm is solved now! And I hope it's the same with the rest  who had errors with downloading from the Glug-Nith mirror.!

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 6:20 PM, arpit Aggarwal <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Vivek Shah <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,
On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 01:17:00PM +0530, arpit Aggarwal wrote:
> Some guys reported problems updating their fedora release from glug-nith
> fedora mirror . The mirror is working fine . To update fedora from within
> the NITH network you need to set ftp proxy in yum.conf file. For that simply
> add a line given below to your /etc/yum.conf file :

If you are maintaining the GLUG-NITH mirror using Mirror Manager you can save people the trouble, you can just add a IP netblock in MirrorManager so that requests originating with the global IP of the Institute are redirected there.

Why would someone edit yum configs ? Is GLUG-NITH Fedora mirror no longer a public Indian mirror to which traffic is redirected ?

Thanks and Regards,
Vivek

GLUG-NITH is still a official public Indian Fedora mirror. Yeah that can be implemented through ip netblocks and there is no need to edit yum configs. But some people were complaining they had problem updating through glug-nith mirror , it was for them to  follow the correct procedure.

Regards
Arpit