[Glug-nith-discuss] GNU mirror down (Why/When)

From: Vivek Shah
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] GNU mirror down (Why/When)
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 11:44:13 +0530

Hi,
     It seems that the GNU mirror has been down since some time. A bit
of investigation shows that it was intentionally removed from being
hosted by commenting out the subdomain from the Apache configuration
file. Any particular reasons to do so ?
I have rerun the updation rsync process and started up the GNU mirror
again and it seems we have dropped out of the list of ftp mirrors from
the GNU site which is natural since the mirror has been down for some
time. If a mirror is down we need to inform the infrastructure team of
the reason and approximate duration of downtime ie for the GNU mirror
we should have notified the GNU website admins about this problem. If
we are taking down the Fedora mirror we need to make changes in
MirrorManager and make the mirror settings to private so that no one
gets redirected to it and sees and Unavailable Service problem.
Running a mirror would mean haiving it up consistently and planning
for the downtimes and notifying people about it.
The GNU mirror is available at
http://gnu.glug-nith.org/

Regards,
Vivek